Sunday, November 4, 2012

HANG ON POLITICAL ISSUE


         What do you think when you hear the word ‘politics’? Some might be curious, and some might have no idea at all, including me. My friend in Madison, Sylvia, sent me a message through inbox on facebook, asking for my opinion about the election issue after watching the last presidential debate. She told me that this opinion would be included in her article for weekly college weekly newspaper. Did I watch the final debate? Yes, I did. Oops! I had my mass media assignment for final presidential debate, but It was not the only reason I watched the debate. I think it was worth watching since I would not experience it twice, live debate on TV. 

To me personally, it’s kind of complicated to understand how American people elect their president, I mean it’s very different compared to election system in Indonesia. Watch the TV, and see what mass media do with this election issue! It is interesting to know that media can choose and campaign for certain candidates. Walk around the city, and hear people talking about Obama and Romney! It is so   provoking, and  keeps me updating the news to see what is going on every day.


Back to my friend, Sylvia. Before, she told me that she was offensive of Romney’s statement (not in debate) that he said, “Look at Indonesia in the 60s. We helped them move toward modernity.” She finally wrote an article for college newspaper and put my opinion on it. I find her article very interesting and explanatory; she also added some opinions from international student as the source.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...