Sunday, November 4, 2012

THE GIRL WHO SILENCED THE WORLD


Severn S. Suzuki, she is the girl who silenced the world for seven minutes in 1992. My ESL (English as Second Language) teacher showed us this video when she introduced us the environmental issue we are now facing as the citizen of the world.

Before, I never knew about this video or who Severn Suzuki is. I found this video was very thought provoking and heart touching. A 12 year old girl gave a speech in public, talking about environment, fighting for her generation in the future. In fact, we are still facing the same problems she talked about in 1992, or even worse.

 I watched this video several times and still it could catch my attention. I loved the whole speech, not only the message but also her voice, tone, pitch range, intonation, everything. My next question is, where is she now? Is she still concerning about environmental issue?

Then I found this video,


She is there, doing the same thing she did when she was a kid, fighting for future generation to live in a better world. We don’t have a label as environment activists, but still we can do tiny little things to keep the world green. Even tiny little things do matter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...